In preparation for our Summer Earth Adventure (Summery Day Camp) the list below provides you with a list of things to do in preparation for our fun filled, creative nature day camp:
- Be sure to pay for the camp by June 30.
- Fill out and return the registration form to Magical Earth Retreats, 1693 Branch Hill Road, Readsboro, VT 05350.
- Fill out the questionnaire about your child. This must be in the hands of our counsellors at least five days prior to the commencement of camp.
- Our camps start promptly at 9 am, please arrive on time and be prepared to stay 10-15 minutes on Monday to ensure that your child or children are comfortable and that you can get checked in for the accommodations at the Nordic Hills Lodge.
- Partial week camps are not permitted and as a general rule refunds are not permitted unless there are unforeseen emergencies.
- Please let us know about any food allergies
What to bring:
- rain gear, long pants
- comfortable hiking shoes or sneakers for walking in the woods (they may get muddy/dirty) and flip flops are not advisable
- change of dry clothes if it is raining, sealed in a water proof bag.
- water bottle (Magical Earth Retreats will provide potable water)
- bug repellant
- sun screen
- packed lunch and snacks (on Thursday and Friday we will be cooking hot dogs on an open fire)
- swim suit and towel
- Clothing for the week with additional pieces as needed
Directions to our locations:
Boyd Family Farm:
125 East Dover Road, Wilmington, VT 05350
From Wilmington, take Rt 100 north, right on East Dover Road, Farm is on the right. Go in the farm entrance and follow the road up the hill until you see our tent. The road is a little rough – OK for most cars though.
Pool Learning Center (there is not swimming pool here 😉
117 Adams Cross Road, Marlboro, VT 05344
From Brattleboro, take Rt 9, take Adams Cross Road on left, Pool Learning Center is the 2nd drive on the left.
Nordic Hills Lodge
34 Look Rd, Wilmington, VT 05363
Tak Route 100 north from the light in Wilmington, left on to Cold Brook Road, right on to Look Road across the one lane bridge and the Inn is on the left.