In preparation for our Summer Earth Adventure (Summery Day Camp) the list below provides you with a list of things to do in preparation for our fun filled, creative nature day camp:
- Be sure to pay for the camp by June 30.
- Fill out and return the registration form to Magical Earth Retreats, 471 Ross Road, Readsboro, VT 05350.
- Fill out the questionnaire about your child. This must be in the hands of our counsellors at least five days prior to the commencement of camp.
- Our camps start promptly at 9 am, please arrive on time and be prepared to stay 10-15 minutes on Monday to ensure that your child or children are comfortable.
- Partial week camps are not permitted and as a general rule refunds are not permitted unless there are unforeseen emergencies.
What to bring:
- rain gear, long pants
- comfortable hiking shoes or sneakers for walking in the woods (they may get muddy/dirty) and flip flops are not advisable
- change of dry clothes if it is raining, sealed in a water proof bag.
- water bottle (Magical Earth Retreats will provide potable water)
- bug repellant
- sun screen
- any necessary medication and instructions should counsellors need to help.
- packed lunch and snacks (on Thursday and/or Friday we will be cooking hot dogs on an open fire please check with our counsellors which days).
- please also note that we get dirty! There is a lot of water, dirt and mud on our walks, etc.
Directions to our locations:
Boyd Family Farm:
125 East Dover Road, Wilmington, VT 05350
From Wilmington, take Rt 100 north, right on East Dover Road, Farm is on the right. Go in the farm entrance and follow the road up the hill until you see our tent. The road is a little rough – OK for most cars though.
Pool Learning Center (there is not a swimming pool here 😉
117 Adams Cross Road, Marlboro, VT 05344
From Brattleboro, take Rt 9, take Adams Cross Road on left, Pool Learning Center is the 2nd drive on the left.
Haystack Road, Wilmington, VT 05363
From the light in Wilmington go West on Rt 9, right on Haystack Road, about 1/3 of a mile on the right you will see tennis courts. We will be set up behind the tennis courts.